Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun Friday!!

It is my blog, so I'm taking a deviation from my normal Friday post. It has been a tough week for me, and I believe laughter is the best medicine, so here is a list of random things that brought me a good, hearty laugh.
  • Yesterday, we received hubby's final check from the church. It is the equivalent to 5 months salary. It is the most money we have ever had at one time. (yes, I know Dave Ramsy would be greatly disappointed that we don't hold that much in savings on a regular basis.) Well, I promptly went to the bank and deposited the check into our savings account. A few hours later - right after I told hubby that I hope that check cleared - the bank called. I thought for sure they were calling to tell us they had to put a hold on the funds until they were verified, or something else like that. No, they were just calling to thank us for our business. I guess that is the treatment the rich folks get. The bank will be so sad to know that is our last deposit for a while. It was nice to see how the other side lives.

  • I went to Walmart by myself the other day. *bliss* I preceded to spend 30 minutes in the card section. Some of those cards were just too funny. I think my favorite was the wedding card with the couple on the beach - girl still in her wedding dress. There were thought bubbles over their heads. His: Sex! Sex! Sex! Hers: Thank you notes! Thank you notes! Thank you notes!

  • My mom sent me this email. I don't want to be political, but I liked this one:

  • If you have a Facebook account, go log into it right now. Scroll down to the bottom left corner where you see “English” and click that. Change it to “English (pirate)." Then waste hours of time entertaining yourself with the pirate jargon. I'm still loving the fact it says I was born in Arrrrgust and "friend request" is "sorry lout thinks they're yer mate!"

So, now that I've lost you all to Facebook, I will sign off! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!