Wednesday, May 13, 2009

There's No One Exactly Like ... ME!

Today is Wednesday - the day all of Brother's graded work is sent home from school in the special red folder. I guess his teacher is a bit slow, because in today's Wednesday folder was an extra special Mother's Day card - created by my lovely first-born. It was one of those fill-in-the-blank cards. It is so special, I wanted to transcribe it for you and add my much needed commentary so you can see why it brought me to tears.

My mother is very special. She is five feet tall. I am 8 inches taller than 5 feet, but I'm thankful that Brother doesn't see me as a giant. She weighs 145 pounds. Um, not since jr. high, but thanks for the lowball guess. My mother is 35 years old. ding, ding he got one right. She wears a size 38 dress. Not even close, but his logic is good. See, he is 8 and wears a 10. So, since I am 35, I must wear a 38. She wears a size 9 1/2 shoe. Sad, but true. Why does he know this about me? My mother has green eyes. I guess that is right. Her favorite thing to drink is Dite Coke. True, so true. Bless him because he has my spelling skills. I'm sure if he had enough room, he would have written Diet coke with easy ice. Her favorite food to eat is hamburger. I'll let this sneak in because technically, I do like to eat a hamburger. It may not be my favorite, but since I obviously eat a lot to fill my size 38 dress, the poor kid can't tell what my favorite is. My mother's favorite thing to do at home is Play on Facebook. Okay, now I feel convicted. I'm glad he didn't lie and say vacuum or laundry, but really -- did I want the whole school, and by now I'm sure it is the whole school, to know that I spent entirely too much time on the computer? The very best thing about my mother is that she is "MY" mother. I love her very much!

WOW! Isn't that a treasure?!? Yeah, I'm not sure if those tears are for really, or just because I've laughed too much. Don't you just love Mother's Day?

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! size 38...you've grown a little since I last saw you!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was super duper sweet--what a blessing your boy is!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!