Monday, May 11, 2009

Gladitudes - Motherhood Edition



I think I was the only person who participated in Mer's 10 on the 10th party who didn't focus on moms. So, I have chosen to make today's gladitude post all about motherhood -- because I truly have a lot to be thankful for.

  1. I'm thankful that I get to wear the title of mom, because there was a time in my life when I wasn't sure my dream of motherhood would ever be fulfilled.
  2. Along the same lines, I'm now thankful for the struggles I had to become a mom, because they taught me the power of prayer and allowed me to witness God's power in my life. It has also made me appreciate my little rugrats - even during the difficult times - for these are the children for which I prayed.
  3. I'm thankful for my awesome husband and the wonderful blog post he had about me for Mother's day. (I'd give y'all the link, but his blog is linked to his ministry and has his complete name, and I don't want our last name out there since I post pictures of the kids.) It was a wonderful thing - better than any card - and reminded me again that he is a much better husband than I am a wife.
  4. I'm thankful for the great breakfast cooked for me yesterday, because nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" better than being awakened by the smoke detector.
  5. I'm thankful for my grandmother and that she is still active and able to be a part of our lives. I love that my kids will have family pictures with 4 generations in them.
  6. I'm thankful for my mom. For her generosity and love - especially during this time of uncertainty in our family.
  7. I'm thankful for my mother-in-law's improved health. She had a stroke last summer, and we almost lost her. I'm so thankful that she is a walking miracle - with no real side-effects from the stroke.
  8. I'm thankful for the blog world, because reading other's posts about motherhood like this and this remind me of the mom I want to be and inspires me to do more for my family and for the women around me.

Happy Monday! I'm now off to participate in the some of the not-so-wonderful tasks of motherhood - cleaning the bathroom and doing the laundry. But I'm still grateful!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Stephanie!

    Most of the items in your list are mine as well.

    I also need to be off and about the not-so-wonderful tasks of motherhood. We'll meet back here later sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make my post about mother stuff because I figured other people would...and I figured correctly too. YEAH, let's be the minority!

    This was a good list, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!