Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Graditude...Join the Fun

I'm a day behind the others because I read Gretchen's post after I had already written mine for Monday, but I love the new button and want to be sure to my list of things I'm thankful for. So, here it goes:
  1. I'm thankful for solitude. I'm the kind of gal who needs her some alone time to remain sane. Since Hubby has been home for the past month, life has been fun, but I have missed my alone time. Today I celebrate because Brother has school, Sister has her one day of Mother's Day Out, and Husband has a meeting with a friend. That means I have the place to myself!
  2. I'm thankful for my Wednesday morning Bible Study ladies because they have become my new family during this time of "spiritual homelessness." Being without a church home has been harder than I thought it would be.
  3. I'm thankful for facebook because it had pictures posted to my account - pictures that I thought were forever lost when our computer was stolen a few months ago. I was able to retrieve them, resize them, and restore them on our new computer (with a backup flash drive).
  4. I'm thankful for the thunderstorms that came through this weekend and that we were all safe from any destruction. I'm also thankful for the time without electricity because it gave Hubby and I some quiet time to be still and talk with one another. Don't you just LOVE the quietness of the house when there is no power?!?
  5. I'm thankful that my diaper days are mostly over because nothing make me feel more inept than potty training. I mean, really, does anyone know how to do it? I think it is just a lot of trial and error. Very frustrating!
  6. I'm thankful for the beautiful flowers that my sweet hubby bought me yesterday. They are for Mother's Day. I LOVE fresh flowers and I love how my house feels so happy when I have fresh flowers. And, I love that these are florist flowers instead of grocery store/SAM'S flowers. Not because I'm snobby like that, but because it is a splurge that we don't usually partake of. So they are special.
  7. I'm thankful that Hubby has a decent lead for a new Associate Pastor position. It just makes waiting easier when you can see a flicker of light coming from the end of the tunnel - and this time it doesn't feel like a train.
  8. Finally, and always, I'm thankful for my family, especially my crazy kids, because they make life so much fun and fill each day with a bit of laughter. Where else can you go and see these two characters on a regular basis!?!


1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh...what did you do with your alone time????

    And hey, I think you can post a Gladitude post any day of the week! Welcome to the party!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!