Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh Brother!!!

My 8 year-old son is like a little adult, and knows more about stuff than he should. His mind is like a sponge – he just needs to hear something once, and it is forever in his memory. It is one of those things that is endearing, but annoying all at the same time. Well, last night was one of those times. Here’s the set up:

We have been having trouble with the kids coming out of their rooms after they have been tucked in bed for the night – with Sister being the main offender. I cannot tell you how many excuses she has to come out of her room, but I must say that my favorite was, “the dogs (all stuffed – THAT PRESLEY!) are being noisy and I can’t sleep.”

Anyway, so last night when I went into her room to say prayers, give kisses, etc, I told her – loud enough so Brother could hear me across the hall – “It’s time for little people to go to bed and stay in bed so the parents can have special adult time.” Now, you may see where this is going, but I was simply meaning quiet, kid-free time with my hubby, Blue Bell, and T.V.

Well, Hubby went into Brother’s room to say prayers, give kisses, etc. While they were saying their goodnights, Brother casually mentioned, “I think I want a brother this time.” A bit confused, Hubby asked, “WHAT?” Brother simply explained, “Mom said you were having special adult time, and I know what that means.”

Hubby quickly blew him off and put him to bed. He then came to tell me the story. I was completely HORRIFIED! I don’t know which is more disturbing – the fact that my son knows/thinks about his parents and “special adult time” or the realization that he thinks a baby come from each “special encounter.”

2 comments:

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!