Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fast Food Love

It is well established that I am in good company of others who love Sonic. Who couldn't love 1/2 price drinks in 150 ba-jillion combinations? While I love me some Route 44 goodness, I haven't joined the Sonic Facebook group, because we all know how I feel about those ridiculous groups. However, Today when I was on the Sonic website, I noticed something very fun. People can go there and upload photos of them enjoying Sonic goodness. I believe we all should go to the website and upload a photo. It would be like a big, bloggy Sonic party - and who doesn't like a party? AND, we could all be FAMOUS! (all 3 of us :) ) So, I'll be looking for your photo - and since I do not have a fancy phone, I will have to take my SLR to Sonic and capture our family moment.


Okay, really my post today was to be about my other Fast Food Love - Chick-fil-a!

Can I get an "AMEN, Sister"? Who doesn't love Christian chicken? Now, I know some of you dear readers may be attached to the sweet tea. Being a Southern transplant, I cannot claim such an addiction. While I enjoy the flavor of sweet tea, it has yet to become my drink of choice. I have so many reasons I love Chick-fil-a, and I refrain from listing them here (although I have a great love of bulleted lists). BUT, I did have to share my one new love - cleanliness. First, I have to say, I am not a clean freak kind of mom. I strongly believe that exposure to germs is a great way to build a natural immunity. Not in an "attend a chicken pox party" kind of way, but in a "a little dirt won't hurt" kind of way. But the chick-fil-a won my heart today when I was at the mall with sweet sister. We ordered our usual kids meal, and when I got to the table and opened the bag, what did my happy heart find? Not only a correct order, but also included was a table protector thingy, a purell handiwipe, and a mint! Clean, Christian chicken goodness!

On a final note, I need to address my dear friends who cannot benefit from the chick-fil-a cuisine. Please, promise me you will eat all you can when you find one. Oh, and Whimzie, if you fall into the above mentioned category, I don't care how beautiful the leaves may be in the fall, you need to get out of fast food hell and return to the South.

3 comments:

  1. "Who doesn't love Christian chicken?"

    THAT cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one Chick-Fil-A and it's in a food court of one of the malls so it's not exactly accessible. But when we need a fix, we make it happen. As much as I love where we live, it certainly is not Fast Food Heaven, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!