Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'll Make it Brief

Welcome to another installment of Wednesday's Rant. I'm trying not to be so negative, but girls, somethings just need to be said. So, here is my list of gripes for today:
  1. Facebook - Okay, so not only is it a total time-sucker, it is getting totally ridiculous. Does God really need a fan page? I have no desire to become a friend or a fan of God. I like God. I really love God. I completely follow God. But, do I have to become His facebook friend to feel secure in my relationship with Him? Is God really into facebook? Come on, now!

  2. Customer Service - I'm not talking about the "push 1 for English" people - although that can join this list. I'm talking about the people who wait on you and me at restaurants. Twice this week, I experienced wait staff who began clearing the table -- taking away food -- before I was done with my meal. One guy actually took my water glass off the table and back to the kitchen. Really!?! Can you not leave the water glass until I have left the restaurant? It wasn't even empty. What's with that?

  3. School Lunch - Before I was a mom of a grade-schooler, I had grand visions of packing healthy lunches and tucking wonderful notes of encouragement in to the lunch box. I even thought how wonderful it would be to make the lunches each night before bed, so they would be ready to go in the morning. Then, reality hit. By nightfall, I'm too exhausted to even think about the next morning. Then morning comes and I am slapping PB&J together through my half-opened eyes while practicing spelling words, reading the notes from yesterday's folders, and signing permission slips. Has Brother gotten any love-filled notes? Not from me. Why am I so defeated over packing a lunch? Why do I look forward to summer vacation so I don't have to make a lunch at 7:00 a.m.? Am I alone in this?

Okay ladies, I guess that is all I have for today. I'm off to Bible Study, where I know I will be encouraged and strengthened by God's word. I hope you have a GREAT day!

******************************************************************************

P.S. It is April 15th. Have you hugged your favorite CPA?

2 comments:

  1. #1: I wholeheartedly agree! While we're talking about it, I really don't want to virtually save the rainforest by planting virtual plants! Or hide and/or seek virtual Easter eggs. Have you seen 25 Things I Hate About Facebook? I'm a little hurt God hasn't friend requested me yet on FB. Since He has a page and I AM his child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written this post. I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. It's just so darn addictive.

    And school lunches? Oh my gosh. I pack three every day and it is getting so old.

    Rant away!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!