Monday, April 27, 2009

No Place Like Home

We had a fantastic weekend at my parent's house! It was so hard to come back home -- if only Brother didn't have school!!! I tell you what, that schooling is getting in my way. :)

I am tired, so I won't give you a play by play of the weekend, but I have to tell you, it was a weekend full of good eatin'. If I lived near them, I'd be fat(ter) and happy. Friday night, we walked into the house and found my mom frying porkchops. Girls, no one - and I mean NO ONE - makes better white gravy than my mom! I could make a meal of just the gravy, but I made sure to balance my plate with meat, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and fruit salad (yummy, yummy).

On Saturday, she cooked us a "country breakfast" when we got up. For those who don't know, that consists of scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, and biscuits. I totally forgot about the leftover gravy, or I would have slathered some of that goodness on my biscuit. Oh well - I guess I saved some calories. Then for dinner that evening, daddy grilled us some good, Texas-sized steaks. YUM-O!

So, we are home, and we are back to the low-fat lifestyle. I'm glad I don't have to get my cholesterol checked this week. Sometimes it is just good to indulge.

Other highlights from the trip: Hannah Montana movie, swimming, church, sleeping in. It was all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!