Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Guest Post - Mrs. Cranky Pants

It is one of those days. It is 9:30 in the morning, I'm up for the second time - because I went back to bed to try to start over - and I am still cranky. I just don't see any sunshine to my day.

Oh wait, maybe that is because I have gotten up to rain or fog for the past few days. Is the weather affecting my mood, or is my mood affecting the weather?

Or maybe it is the laundry list of other things that just don't seem right/fair/happy.

Maybe it is just the laundry that is never done.

Maybe it is that my house looks like it was hit by an F5 tornado. (You know how it is not easy to clean up the house when the kids are home, undoing everything you've done? Try doing it with a hubby at home.)

Maybe it is that I'm disappointed that my smart son inherited my terrible spelling skills and is now disappointed that he didn't get into the spelling bee.

Maybe it is that I keep getting my high scored beat in bejeweled.

Maybe it is that my lovely dinner last night was eaten with an arguing 8 year old, defending his case of disobedience. (That boy better grow up and become a rich lawyer and take good care of me in my old age.)

Maybe it is the fact that I put my kids to bed at 7:30 last night (30 minutes early because they were so bad) and I still saw Sister up and out of her room until 10:00.

Maybe it is that I am living in a holding pattern, waiting for God to move.

Maybe it is that I'm afraid of where God will move us.

Maybe it is that I was awakened at 2 am by a fit throwing Sister because she was mad that daddy was taking her potty.

Maybe it is that I was awakened at 2:45 by Sister because she wet the bed.

Maybe it is that when I went to the linen closet at 2:50, I discovered that her other set of sheets are still dirty from the last time she wet her bed. More like they are sour in the washer because I forgot all about them.

Maybe it is that I lied (layed - which one is it?) in bed awake for an hour, feeling sorry for yelling at baby girl about the wet sheets.

Maybe it is that the alarm clock went off too early this morning.

Most likely, it is that I haven't made time for God and His Word.

"The Lord God is like the sun that gives us light.
He is like a shield that keeps us safe.
The Lord blesses us with favor and honor.
He doesn't hold back anything good
from those whose lives are without blame.
Lord who rules over all,
blessed is everyone who trusts in you." Psalm 84:11-12

1 comment:

  1. I've had those days...And I'm grateful they end and we can start all over.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!