Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stop the Madness

Today I offer the following PSA to those readers who have only one child: Stop while you are ahead!! I was a better mom when I only had one. I was fun. I was full of energy. I was productive. Now, as a mother of two, I am constantly tired and seems to have a to-do list that never gets shorter. While I am tempted to curl up in a little ball and feel defeated, I have come to realize the WHY to my condition - and I will win!

You see, while Sister may be cute, charming, and girly, she is also the embodiment of all those prayers my mother offered to God while I was a child. You know those prayers: "Lord, may she have one of these of her own someday!" I am convinced that she was sent to this earth to break me down! I am also convinced that she got extra credit in creation school for attending extra sessions in "How to Pester your Brother" and "How to be the Perfect Baby Sister." Either that, or she has some extra spiritual giftedness from God in those areas. I spend so many countless hours refereeing between the two kids, and while I know Brother isn't an angel, I am wise enough to see that the little person is really the most trouble. (and I was the baby of the family, so I know how those baby sisters act!) It just wears me down and wears me out.

So, here is the story: Yesterday the family - all 4 of us - went to run some errands after picking Brother up from school. On our way home, Sister started whining. When I looked in the back seat and asked what was wrong, she said, "Brother smiled at me." I told her if his smiled bothered her, she needed to either close her eyes or look out her window and not look at him. So, she rolled her eyes and turned toward the window. Not a minute later, I heard her calling Brother's name, but he would not turn and look at her. (What a good boy - avoiding the evil snare of the woman at such a young age.) I then asked her what she needed. She said, "I want him to look at me." I then told her, "Okay, but I don't want to hear any complaining when he smiles at you." She then smiled her mischievous smile and said, "But I like complaining." At this point, I was done. Hubby just looked at me and asked, "What do you do with that?" I simply replied, "Blog about it!"

Oh, the little girl will make me old beyond my years! (but she is still my special blessing from God!)

2 comments:

  1. Funny! Been there! My kids had to go to bed the other night before getting to watch the group dance on DWTS because Mr. Bicker and Miss Snipe were visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you both got it honest because each of those kids are your perfect personality clones!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!