Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

The Easter adventures continue at our fun-filled abode. Last night, we finally got it all together to dye eggs. I don't know why we always wait until the very last day for eggs. This year, we remembered the not so good results we got last year when we used washable crayons on the eggs. So, we hunted (so punny) for the permanent crayons so we wouldn't have little crayola flecks floating in our egg dye. Brother was so intent on "making a special one for the Easter Bunny." He thought we would set one out for the Easter Bunny like we leave cookies for Santa.



Isn't that such a happy box of eggs? Egg dying is a total different art in our home, but always a fun time. Now we will gobble them up - one by one.

So, I know that the day is about the resurrection of Jesus. And I know that Easter truly is the basis for our family's belief. Without Easter, we would not have a relationship with God and eternal security with Him. So, I feel that I should be a bit holy in my discussion about today. But the truth is, our family is just so humorous. I have to pass along the highlight of my Easter Sunday:

Because we are currently between ministry jobs, we are taking the opportunity to visit other churches in the area. Today, we worshipped at a large contemporary church for Easter Sunday. As we settled into the comfortable theater-style seats and watched the pre-service videos, our precious 3-yr-old leaned over and said to me, "I think I'm hungry for popcorn." I guess it didn't register to her about church since we weren't in the usual hard, wooden pews. Kids really do say the darnedest things!

I pray you had a blessed Holy week and Easter celebration! Christ is risen ... He is risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!