Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family Weekend FUN!

We are fortunate to have a 4 day weekend because Brother is out of school both Friday and Monday. (You've gotta love Christian school!) So, we have plans to spend some fun time as a family. This is the first Easter holiday in EONS where we haven't had responsibilities at the church. (See, there is a bright side to everything - even unemployment.) This time last year, I was rushing around, stuffing THOUSANDS of plastic eggs for the community egg hunt, walking neighborhoods to distribute promotional flyers for the Sunday service, memorizing lines for the Children's puppet show, etc. It is so nice to be able to spend the weekend focusing on my family and to get to sit and enjoy the Sunday service, focusing on the Lord! It is a good change of pace and a great time of restoration for our family.

Good Friday was a bit different. Hubby was actually out of town - exploring a new ministry possibility. So, the kids and I spent the day around the house. Like a good Southern Baptist family, we made sure we had fish on Good Friday -- lunch at Long John Silver's. Yeah, that grease was enough to last me until NEXT Easter. They enjoyed it, though, and that was the point.

This morning, the kids and I took a trip to the most wonderful place on earth - TARGET! I love, love target. Hubby has limited my visits to this place because I always spend too much. He tells me, "You're the only person I know who can go in for Tide and come out $100 later." Um-no, other people do that, too. That is the beauty of Target. But, I digress ... So, I went today to get Sister a white sweater to wear over her Easter dress, because the weather is not going to be spring-like tomorrow. I don't know why I bought a sundress for Easter. We always get a cold snap for Easter. I don't know how the date for Easter can change every year, yet the weather always seems to know just went to come out with a late frost. CRAZY! (I digress, again...)

Anyway, Target was out of white sweaters. Seems that everyone was in the same dilemma. So, I pondered going to another store. But then, I saw this:


How cute is that!?! It is a child-size trench coat! Another shopper assured me that I couldn't leave without it. Sister looked too cute with it on. AND, it was on sale and is a size larger, so we can wear it until next spring. So, I snatched it up. She will be perfect in her trench-coat for a cold, rainy Easter Sunday. I can hardly wait!

The kids had money that my mom sent them for Easter. Brother also had a Target gift card and some money leftover from his birthday. So, I agreed to let them peruse the toy department. Brother knew exactly what he wanted to buy. He came home with this:
The Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 Blaster. I don't know much about it, but the review is that it is THE BEST NERF GUN EVER!! (According to Brother). Now some of you may be against guns, and I respect that. I tried to be that kind of mom. But, my sweet son has an Uncle who serves as a state trooper and is into anything "law enforcement." So, we allow Nerf Guns in our home. This machine gun will hopefully be the end of our arsenal. Don't you think it says, "HAPPY EASTER!"? Sweet baby girl picked out a Disney princess coloring set. A nice, calm, quiet toy.
Our fun continues. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. My son got the Nerf gun for Christmas. He, too, told us it was the BEST NERF GUN EVER!! Can I just prepare you to find even more of those little Nerf bullets all over your house. I've laundered half a dozen of those bad boys.

    And that trench coat is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!