Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend Warriors

On Sunday, I had the opportunity to share with you about the Powell family and the privilege I had to pray for them. I cannot begin to explain the impact their family had on my own spiritual life. The most important lesson I learned by following their story was how one could pray for others and make a difference even if the people are complete strangers. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have never meet Ben or Becky Powell, but I feel a connection with them because of the countless hours I have spent in intercession for their family.

So, as I remembered Ethan and his journey on Sunday, I came to realize that I want to have that praying experience again, and I want others to experience it as well. Therefore, I came up with a plan. Every few Fridays, I will post 2 or 3 links to other families who are struggling and need the prayers of other believers. I realize that there are so many people out there who can benefit from the prayers of God's people. So many have sick children, struggle with infertility, or suffer from a chronic illness. I believe that we can use this great tool called the Internet to bring their stories to others attentions, so they can be lifted up to heaven. My prayer is that you will be diligent to pray for one or two of these families as I post them. And, if one should full capture your heart - as Ethan did mine - I pray that you will continue to pray for that family and follow their journey. I know that God will bless the families, and that He will also bless the people who are praying. I hope that you will let me know of your celebrations and the blessings you receive as you intercede for those you may never meet.

So, for today, I have

  • Margaret Romph and her parents Sherline and Eric Margaret (age 5) was in a terrible car accident in January and suffered a spinal cord injury. You can read more of her story and get details on how to pray for her by visiting her caring bridge site. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretromph
  • Tucker Beam and his parents Courtney and Jason Tucker was diagnosed with Rhabdomyo sarcoma in 2001 - shortly before his first birthday. God healed him after a year of chemo, radiation, and surgery. He was cancer free for 6 years. In February 2008, they discovered that Tuck had a second cancer, ostoegenic sarcoma. In March of 2009, they also diagnosed him with AML, a form of leukemia. You can read more of his story and get details on how to pray by visiting his caring bridge site. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tuckerbeam

Thanks for your prayers for these families! I know their struggles make me so thankful for my healthy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!