Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday!! I'm so excited! Friday is always a great day at my house because it is the end of another school week and that much closer to the end of school. I think I am counting down the days to summer vacation even more than Brother - only 28 more days if you wanted to know. Fridays are my day to drive Brother to school because I let my love sleep in on his day off. I know that technically everyday is a day off for now, but this little agreement was started waaay back in Kindergarten.

So, on Fridays, Brother and I get up, get ready, and head out to door for breakfast. For the first 2 years, we were totally loyal to Sonic. So much so, that Sherri, the Sonic girl knew us and would say, "You want the usual." Now THAT is a serious Sonic addiction. This year, we have branched out a bit, and added Chick-fil-a to our breakfast options. Now, I prefer Sonic because they are cheaper, but sometimes, you need to support the Christian chicken place - and really their food is better and I can get a fruit cup and feel less guilty. I still feel a bit of guilt because I know that Sherri is missing us that morning.

The other great thing about Fridays is that Brother buys his lunch at school. Woot! Woot! I don't have to pack a lunch - and we all know how I feel about that burden. Friday is the only day they have "buy all the junk you want" instead of the "healthy meal plan" that they offer Monday - Thursday. How dare they serve vegetables at school!! On Fridays, Brother chooses to spend his money on chips, pizza, and ice cream. No drink because he learned that if he drank water from the water fountain, he could get the ice cream - and mama ain't giving him more money.

This Friday is especially grand because when we pick Brother up from school, we are going to my parents' for the weekend. It has been a while since I have had the luxury of hanging out at my childhood home, watching my children get everything they want from two people who love them bunches! What is even better is that this weekend we don't have to rush back on Saturday evening so we can work on Sunday. We actually get to go to church with my parents. This is the church I was raised in; the church we were married in; the church full of people who have prayed for us and our sweet kiddos. I'm just so excited to get to fellowship and worship with them this weekend. So, have a good weekend and enjoy your Friday!

WEEKEND WARRIORS
I only have one new child for you to add to your prayer list.

Gavin Smith was diagnosed with a brain tumor the size of an orange. Please pray for his continued healing and God's protection of this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!