Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Hodgepodge

Okay, I have crawled out of by dark hole. I wasn't accomplishing much in there. Just making myself and my family more tired and anxious. Plus, I realize that if I am going to trust God, I am going to have to trust Him COMPLETELY! It isn't enough for me to pray about the situation and talk about following God's leading, if I then sit back and worry about it. God wants my complete obedience during this time of uncertainty. Complete obedience involves words, thoughts, and actions. Complete obedience is not just a matter of the mind, but a matter of the heart. I have said with full confidence, and I fully believe it: God has brought hubby and I to this place. He is with us in this place, and He will lead us out of this place. If I believe it, then why do I worry? Why can't I just rest in that knowledge? So, I will live out my faith and my actions (lack of worry) will show my complete trust in God. Moving on ...

WEEKEND WARRIORS
I have 2 more people for you to pray for this week. These are personal friends of our family, and they don't have websites, but I know you will lift them up.

  • My friend, Melissa, is struggling with infertility. She and her hubby want to have a baby so badly. They are preparing for their first AI treatment in May. So, if you will please pray that God will bless them with the baby they desperately want. I know she will make a GREAT mom!
  • My hubby has a friend, Lynn, who is a pastor in Arkansas. Lynn got some kind of infection and it attacked his brain. He has been in a coma for a week. The prognosis doesn't look too good. The doctors aren't sure if he will ever wake up. (He was air-lifted to Vandy Medical) Please pray for a miracle in this man's life. He is a man of God and has a sweet family, including children who are still at home. I know God is able to do something miraculous in this situation.
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

Final Thought

I have to give a shout out to my fellow blogger Whimzie because I found out yesterday that she lives in a place that doesn't have Sonic. Although I knew that such places existed, I didn't know that people actually lived there. So, while I tell God "wherever He leads, I'll go," in my heart of hearts I pray that it will be a place with a Sonic. Because I just don't know what I would do if I couldn't celebrate Happy Hour on an all too frequent basis.

3 comments:

  1. My closest Sonic is 10.49 miles away. Which means that a happy hour run for me is 21 miles round trip. I could complain, but then I think about Whimzie and I think it's wise to keep my mouth shut.

    I couldn't live without Sonic either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I've become the poster child for Sisters Without Sonics. But don't cry for me, Argentina! If life continues down the path it seems to be headed I'll be moving back to LoozieAnna this summer where Sonics abound! Until then, if you'll just enjoy a Happy Hour or two for me until I can enjoy my own, I'll be just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!