Friday, May 22, 2009

The Reading Room

I cannot believe that the end of the week is finally here. I haven't gotten much accomplished, but I am ready for a long weekend. We don't have any big plans. We are still waiting for the one to call us back. It will be nice to hang out as a family - and not have to hassle with school on Monday.

Much of my time this past week has been taken by the books I am reading. I love to read, but when I start, it will consume me. Reading is my escape. I told a friend at Bible Study the other day, "My life has been pretty stinky these days, so I'm choosing to be a pioneer woman." Here is the book that got me started:

My friend loaned it to me. She read the series - yes, I said series - while she was in Russia, adopting her little boy. She must not consume books like I do because she was there for a month, but I finished this first book in 2 days. My intention was to wait before starting the next, but I couldn't. So, I moved ahead with the next book.
This one is just as good, so I finished it in another 2 days. Luckily for my household, it is just a trilogy, so I have started the 3rd and final book.

I've practiced more self-control with this last book, so I still have about 1/3 of the book to go. (It's been 4 days) Now that re-run season has started, I will probably finish it tonight. I have told myself that I MUST put away the laundry before I can lie down to read.

If you are a reader, I'd recommend these. They are in no way deep literature - just little escapes into another time and another place. They are Christian based, so it is nice to learn a bit about the Lord while reading. I have enjoyed the luxury of reading this past week. I hope you will take some time to treat yourself to something you enjoy. If you do, I'd love to hear about it. Also, what do you like to read?

1 comment:

  1. Love me some light and fluffy. I'm a series girl, too. The Mitford books are a favorite. I love books that are studies of human character and interaction. I don't necessarily need suspense and drama - I love the dialogue between characters - learning more about them.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!