Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lego Mania!

You know how I mentioned going to Legoland? Well, today we journeyed to the next best place - the new Lego store at the mall. It is a Lego wonderland! They have so many kits, bricks, and stuff that I never even knew existed. I could have spent hours in there, looking at all the neat Lego stuff. They even have a whole wall of loose bricks, so you can "pick a brick" of your choice. They say that the Lego name is from the Danish phrase leg godt, which means "play well". I, however, learned that the true meaning is from the English let go, as in "let go of all your money."


Inside the store, they had 2 large builds - one of R2-D2 and the other of Indiana Jones. I am so very impressed with the detail - even from just Lego bricks. The salesman mentioned that they are building a large Yoda for the opening of the other Dallas store. (We, of course, got details of the build time, so we can get in on the fun.) Around the store, they has tons of other smaller builds -- so cool!
Sister was thrilled to find PINK Lego bricks. She jumped up and down and insisted on getting some. She informed Brother that they were for her room.
Brother bought the Coast Guard Patrol Boat and Tower. He came immediately home to work on it. I'm about to believe it is worth the money if it keeps him quiet and occupied for a few hours.

All in all, I'd say it was a trip that made for happy mama, happy brother, and happy sister. Hubby was along with us, but he doesn't enjoy reading directions, so he doesn't understand the thrill of Lego bricks. In the end, I know he will get on board with the Lego love and appreciate the quiet.

2 comments:

  1. Our store opens next week-end. The boys are BEYOND excited, and for the first time EVER, I have agreed to let them have their birthday party there. I figure you're only 10 once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get my boys to do just about anything if a trip to the Lego store is on the line. Just in case you ever need to make a bribe, I thought that might be useful information. This place is certainly in my kids' top three list of things we'll miss when we move. If we end up back in the ArkLaTex, we'll have to come check out your Lego stores.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!