Monday, June 1, 2009

Say CHEESE!

WOW! Another busy weekend! I cannot believe all the stuff we packed into the past 3 days. I am tired from all the running around, and I'm beginning to remember how HOT summers can be in Texas. My body needs to re-adjust to these temperatures.

One of the things we did this weekend was pose for family pictures. Now, I cannot begin to tell you how much I loathe having my picture taken. I am usually the one behind the camera, capturing all the fun and successfully avoid having to see myself in full color. But, Hubby's new beau (a.k.a. The One) requested a photo of our family. Since all the family photos we have are either a year old and/or contain a Christmas tree or other merry decorations, we decided it was time to head to the studio for new photos.

So, fortunately, I had already ordered some matching outfits for the kids. It was like the inner voice knew I would need cute, summertime brother/sister outfits. Bonus: They were 40% off!! So, I only had to coordinate outfits for hubby and me to match the ever wonderful Brother and Sister. The exploration into the depths of our closet yielded fair results, so we were off to the photographer. So, after various lectures about good smiles vs bad smiles, brainstorming of happy thoughts, narratives about how the photographer is our friend, so there is not need to be shy (for sweet Sister who had decided that she is shy), we were able to capture some great shots of the kids.

While we also got some great family shots, I cannot say that I am too pleased. You see, they contain ME! I just am unable to fully appreciate any photo that contains my mug. I see all the imperfections in myself. I am reminded of the pounds that need to go away. I'm self-conscious about the hair, make-up, clothes, etc. I just don't photograph well. But, to keep it real, I will let you see one headshot:

Yeah, that's how I feel. That's who I see in my photo with my darling family. I hate picture day!

2 comments:

  1. I look at these pictures (except for Jaba) and instead of "say cheese", I screamed "SUNSCREEN!". I adore redheads, but I cannot imagine the care you have to take outside.

    My sympathy and my jealousy - all wrapped into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pictures! I am such a fan of the matching outfits. I know the day is coming when my kids refuse to let me dress them, but until then....

    I hope things are going well with your husband's new beau. Now THAT'S something I never thought I'd type!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!