Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Always Something

When you have 2 very verbal kids - meaning that they talk ALL.THE.TIME - you are bound to have many opportunities for laughs. Oh, and Hubby is always chiming in with his own wise cracks. Here are a few of the highlights from the past few days.
  • Yesterday we made a quick round-trip to NLR for the home inspection. Brother got to spend the night with a friend, but sister had to endure the 10 hours in the car - along with the 4 hour home inspection and mama measuring all the rooms and taking photos. On the way home, she cracked us up when she proudly claimed, "I see Mr. Moon. I'm so glad Mr. Moon came out tonight. Now we can howl! HOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLLL!" She reminded me of the wild things in the book "Where the Wild Things Are."
  • In NLR, they have a large sign, proudly marking "THE BAPTIST BREAST CENTER." Now, we all know that it is an affiliate of Baptist Hospital. When Brother saw the sign, he was appalled. Then Hubby had to add, "It's a place like Hooters, only it is covered-dish."
  • During the same conversation about the Breast Center, sister loudly proclaimed, "I don't want people looking at my breasts." I'm not sure if she thought we were going to New Orleans instead of NLR, but were proud of her proclamation all the same.
  • We have been talking about getting new furniture for our family room once we move, only hubby and I are in disagreement about what to get. I want to get a leather sectional sofa, but he doesn't like a sectional. The other day, Brother chimed in on the conversation says, "Daddy, Mommy wants a sexual sofa. She really likes the look and feel of the sexual sofa." We, of course, didn't correct him because we were laughing too much. Hubby later told me, "Well, if you had told me that you wanted a sexual sofa, I would have been in all kinds of agreement."

Okay, so now that I've typed this, I see that our humor is mostly inappropriate. Oh well, that is our family. Sorry if it shattered any images for you. :) Hope you at least got a laugh.

P.S. Remember the brief mention of Hubby's scene at Macy's? Well that scene was followed up with a formal letter of complaint sent to the corporate headquarters. They were might prompt in their response, and they are sending us a gift card as a sign of their sincerest apologies. I think Ms. Grouch got a stern talking to.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...that is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

    Our humor tends to be a bit on the inappropriate side, too...so it makes me feel TONS better when someone else admits up to it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!