Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Don't Mess with Texas

You know what is worse than a dirty/messy house?

Cleaning for the maid.

Why do we as women do this to ourselves?

Okay, so I'm not really cleaning for the maid - although I have been know to partake in such activity. Not that I have a regular maid service, but each year for my birthday, we pay to have someone come in and clean the house from top to bottom. You know, it gives me a week to put my feet up and enjoy getting older.

So, I have found an activity equally as bad as cleaning for the maid -- unpacking for the packers. You see, we have about 20 10 boxes in the garage that haven't been emptied in the 3.5 years that we have lived here. So, because I'm just so sure that I might throw away a treasure that has been stored away in a old box for 3+ years, I've spent the day going through the boxes, throwing out what I really don't want and putting in a safe place anything that I want to be put into a new box and taken to our new location.

Insane!

And the terrible thing is that I need to do the same purging/organizing in every room! AUGH! Why do we have so much junk many treasures?

2 comments:

  1. Purge! Our motto around here is "If it doesn't have a picture of the baby on it, it goes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it for you and yet I'm so excited someone else is going through the same thing as I am at the exact same time. I'm in full-on panic mode because the packers get here MONDAY! and I'm no where near ready. When do you guys leave?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!