Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pity ... Party of 1, Your Table's Ready!

I'm tired - more like exhausted! I don't feel like I've slept in YEARS. I've been so stressed out by all this stuff: unemployment, job hunting, possible moves, Brother's behavior issues, life transitions, etc. I have kept too many balls in the air -- trying to keep my family together. All of a sudden, I feel like it is coming down on top of me, and I feel like I've failed.

My mother is coming to keep the kids for the next few days. You know what that means? My house has to be immaculate. I cannot just stuff things in the unseen corners and tell her to stay out of that room. She will have full access to all nooks and crannies for 48 hours. She will be so disappointed in my housekeeping skills.

  • I have washed the same load of towels 3x's because they get forgotten in the washer.
  • In the midst of poverty, I have resorted to dining out as the best option to keep my kitchen clean and my sanity (relatively) intact. Why won't my family eat sandwiches?
  • Despite the dining out, my dishwasher is full of clean dishes and my sink is full of dirty ones.
  • All my laundry baskets are full of clean laundry waiting to be folded and put away. In the meantime, my family keeps wearing clothes, so the hampers are almost full, too.
  • The only bed with clean sheets is Sister's - because she keeps peeing on them during the night.
  • The only person with a good supply of clean underwear is Sister - because she keeps peeing in them during the day.
  • You can write my "to-do" list in the dust on my furniture.
  • My refrigerator has too many containers of "mystery leftovers" that need to be thrown out.
  • I'm considering getting a dog so I could eliminate the sweeping chore. Don't dogs eat crumbs?
  • I have a garage that doesn't hold any cars because we began "cleaning" it 2 months ago.

It is just too much for me right now. I'm going to take a nap. I'll be in a better mood later. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh hon - I hear ya'...My MIL is coming to keep the kids for us while we're out of town, and I go into the same frenzy.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!