Monday, June 22, 2009

First Comes Love ... Then Comes Marriage

Well, I'm back. And I'm here to tell y'all how GREAT God is. The scripture says that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I am certain that is very true. He has a plan and only shows His way - in His time. It has been a process, but I am so excited to tell you dear readers that we have job! We have spent the past few days meeting, greeting, and as all good Baptist folks, eating. I'm so excited to know that Hubby has a FANTASTIC new ministry position. But first, I want to fill in some of the blanks...

When I started this blog thing, I was a discouraged minister's wife. I was looking for a message board or some sort of Yahoo group where I could "chat" with other women who lived in this fish bowl life. When I couldn't find what I was looking for, I decided to write about my own experiences. I am NOT a writer. In school, I would always opt for the standardized test rather than the essay. So, the idea of blogging was a bit scary - and I was unsure of the whole process. I am, however, a journal keeper. So, I just told myself that I had to write my thoughts and feelings as I would in a journal -- unconcerned about the audience.

So, I started my blog. I blog anonymously. I will even confess that my name isn't even Stephanie. My hubby requested that I use a pseudonym to protect the guilty innocent. My friends and family do not know about my blog -- well hubby does, but does that really count?

Then, unemployment happened. Blogging was no longer about the church, but it became a way for me to express my thought and feelings as I sought God during one of the most difficult trials of my life. As I kept writing, I also began reading other blogs. You know how it happens - one click here, then another click there, and before you know it, you are reading a blog that could have been written by you, but the words instead belong to another woman whom you have never met.

Well, that was what happened to me. Through a series of clicks, I wound up in a blog circle of women who knew each other IRL. I was the outsider. When I first read the blogs, they would mention their college - OBU. Well, I just filled in the blanks with my own background and assumed they were from Oklahoma Baptist University - being from Texas, that is the OBU I hear about. As I read more, I came to learn that the OBU was actually Ouachita Baptist and that these women, although they were now spread out across the states, were from Arkansas.

So, do you see where this is going? Back in March, Hubby was contacted by the one. We knew immediately that it was the position we had always hoped and prayed for. I told you earlier how it met my wish list. What I couldn't tell you until now is that we are moving to The Natural State! Hubby's new job is in North Little Rock - and let me tell you - it is so beautiful there! I just love the trees and the hills.

The funny thing is that when we were meeting with the folks these past few weeks, they would always ask, "Do you know anyone, or have any connection to Arkansas?" I never really knew how to answer that question. Would these people understand if I told them that I knew some incredible women from Arkansas, but I only knew them through blogland? Would they understand that God had already given me a love and appreciation for this state because of the random clicks of my computer mouse?

The LORD has been at work in my life - long before I even knew it. He has been preparing the way for me. He has been leading us to Arkansas, but He had to wait until the right time to reveal His plan. Leaving Texas is a difficult decision for me - I have lived here for over 20 years. God know my heart, so He gave me a connection to my new place so I would feel at ease during this transition. I've always claimed, "Wherever He leads, I'll go." I'm very excited to follow Him down this new path! I could go on and on about all the GREAT things He has done, but I am weary from all the weekend activities. I will have to catch you up in the next few days.

5 comments:

  1. AMAZING, Stephanie!!!

    (And now I feel weird calling you Stephanie!)

    Seriously that is so wonderful. You're going to L-O-V-E Arkansas (just make sure you find a pool to help you endure summer). I grew up in that great state, and even last week while I was home kept running into people I know. It's small and homey and there are SO many great folks in ministry there. I am just thrilled for you.

    And of course I'm DYING to know what church ya'll were called to.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family! It doesn't matter if you weren't born there (I wasn't); it won't take long until you feel like you're home. It would help if you become a Razorbacks fan as soon as possible and get someone to teach you how to call the Hogs. That's what I did my freshman year. AND now I know that you're going to live just a few hours from me after we move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to add that my Ole' Miss Hubby and my UT Austin mom won't have much for the Razorbacks. So, they may try to convert us, but we will try to resist the calling of Hogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVED reading this post. People may not understand the connection we have to our invisible friends, but God has used mine to encourage me in ways that traditional friendships have not been able to do.

    I'm SO happy for you and will pray for your move.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!