Monday, June 8, 2009

Gladitudes - Welcome Summer!



I'm joining in Gretchen's gratitude party this week. Her weekly posts really bring a smile to my face, so I'm going to share the joy.

  • I'm so glad it is finally summer so hubby and I no longer have to "discuss" who is driving carpool in the mornings and I no longer have to make a lunch at ungodly morning hours.
  • I'm glad that is it 9:30 here and Sister is still asleep. My day is so much better when I can get some stuff done before she wakes. (Of course, I have to add that I jinxed myself. She started crying in her bed before I even got done with this bullet point.)
  • I'm glad that Brother got up at 7 am and entertained himself without waking me.
  • I'm over-the-top glad that Hubby has a wonderful job prospect. If all goes as planned, we will be relocating at the end of the month.
  • I'm glad that I got to celebrate the 4th anniversary with a special church family yesterday. I just love the people at CNBC and to celebrate their 4th anniversary in their new building was FANTASTIC! I wore a smile all day because I am just so thrilled for them.
  • I'm glad that I have my menu planned for this week and that Hubby and I are working together to eat healthier. I need help in this area! I'm just glad I have a hubby who will eat veggies with me. (Now, if only I could convince Brother of the veggie goodness)
  • I'm glad for the motivation to weed out all the superfluous junk lying around my house. My locate charities and junk yard will reap so many blessings from my new-found need to purge.
  • I'm glad for Sister's new desire to wear a hand-me-down leotard and tutu for the entire day. It just makes me smile to see her in it.
  • I'm so thankful for a God who has lead me through one of the darkest times of my life. I'm thankful for that still, small voice who kept me going when I wanted to curl up and sleep for days. I'm thankful that He had a plan and was at work to bring it to fruition. I'm thankful for his promise in Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.' "
  • I'm thankful for friends -- real-life ones and blog-world ones -- who prayed with us through this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Love that Isaiah verse!! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for the wonderful job prospect! I can't wait to hear all the details!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!