Monday, August 3, 2009

Being Thankful...


I have so much wonderful stuff to share, that I will definitely have to have more than one day of Gladitudes this week. I am truly blessed by God, and I want to share that joy with all of you.
  1. I'm so in love with my new house! I will show pictures in the coming days of all the good stuff that I love. I'm thankful that most of the boxes will be eliminated by the end of the week and that things might be in order. HaHa! I'm also thankful that the furniture we ordered should be here this week because mindless TV just isn't as fun when you body hurts from lying on the hard floor.

  2. I'm thankful for the sweet waitress at the Arkadelphia Cracker Barrel who made my son loudly proclaim, "I'm gonna love living here!" because of her strong southern accent and wonderful southern hospitality.

  3. I'm thankful to be serving at a church where the staff wears suits on Sunday. Such apparel may be pricey, but I think if I am going to wear a dress, heals, and sometimes even don a pair of hose, then the least hubby should do is put on a tie. Plus, I have always had a thing for men in suits, so now I can gawk at my hubby at least once a week. (And can leave the bankers alone.)

  4. I'm thankful for the loving church members who have brought us food for the past few weeks. It is nice to have some home-cooked meals without all the work on my part. Of course, they have also provided an immeasurable amount of sugar and calories that I could have done without. I'm still very thankful!!

  5. I"m thankful that the puppies for sale on the side of the road were $800 - a price that quickly snapped hubby back into reality. I do not know who temporarily overtook his allergy stricken, dog forbiddin' body, but I'm glad I don't have a new critter to take care of. (Yes, I know that ends in a preposition, but I don't want to go back and fix it.)

  6. I'm thankful for Brother's proud proclamation that he will be a music minister when he grows up. His logic is priceless: "Because I love God, and I love music. That way I can spend my life doing what I love." I am, of course, very prayful, too, because I know ministry isn't always a bed of roses.

  7. I'm so very thankful that we found a good Mexican Food restaurant in North Little Rock because our family just cannot live without good salsa, fajitas, and enchiladas. I have to admit that we were a bit nervous after a miserable experience at another "Mexican food restaurant" in Arkansas. I'm also laughing that Brother commented, "It is good for Ark-Mex." (Instead of Tex-Mex)

  8. I'm thankful that brother has already made some new friends in the church, and that he seems more relaxed now that we are here and is getting settled into our new place. I'm thankful that God answered my prayer by putting some boys in our neighborhood for brother.

  9. I'm thankful for unlimited long distance on my home phone so I can stay in touch with my dear friends in Texas. I'm glad I didn't try to rely on my cell phone for said phone calls since my house is an AT&T dead zone.

  10. Most of all, I'm thankful to have my family together again and my hubby gainfully employed. I have a new respect for those who have been laid-off from their jobs. It was not a easy time for our family, but I know it was a time for God to teach us some valuable lessons. I also have a new respect for single-parents, army wives, and women who have husbands who travel frequently with their jobs. I am a spoiled woman! My family just operates better, and I require far less medication, when my family is all living under the same roof. My kids need their daddy, and I need my hubby.

As I mentioned, my heart is just full of all the blessings from God. He has been so good to me!

You will pass through deep waters.
But I will be with you.
You will pass through the rivers.
But their waters will not sweep over you.
You will walk through fire.
But you will not be burned.
The flames will not harm you.
I am the Lord your God.
I am the Holy One of Israel.
I am the one who saves you.
Isaiah 43:2-3

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are starting to feel settled (and those Arkadelphia people are all nice!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling happy and settled! Sorry for my lack of commenting...I've been keeping up with you though!

    I LOVE ARKADELPHIA CRACKER BARREL! Glad you had a good experience there. Also glad you found some good Mexican food. That is SO important.

    Can't wait to see pics of your new house.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!