Monday, August 10, 2009

Raindrops on Roses...

Well, I sat down to do a short post about 10 little things that make me happy. Then I remembered by coincidence that it is the 10th. Mer isn't hosting her blog party this month (please say a special prayer for her today), but I thought I'd continue anyway.

Do you ever take the time to realize the little things that bring a big smile to your life? I know we are always quick to recognize the big blessings, but how about the small things that make life happy. Here is a brief list of things I've stopped to thank God for recently:
  1. Afternoon showers -- Not rain showers (although those are nice, too), the kind where you don't have to rush to get ready for anything afterwards. You just get to sit around, wet hair and all, enjoying cleanliness.
  2. Lingering at the table after the meal
  3. Real, U.S. mail. The kind that is delivered by the mailman and is not a bill or advertisement.
  4. Afternoon naps -- the kind where you wake up confused as to where you are and what day it is. (This one, not so recent, but I'm still happy at the thought of it.)
  5. Laughter that makes your stomach hurt and your eyes cry.
  6. Rainbows
  7. Comfy chair and granny's quilts (and AC in the summertime)
  8. Waking up before the alarm
  9. Good, refreshing, shaved ice, sno-cones
  10. Patio dining on warm (not hot) summer nights (add in some live music, and it is over the top!)

And a bonus one: Pajama day!

Do you have a blessed life? I know I do. What are some of your little smiles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!