Saturday, July 11, 2009

Week in Review = Weak in Content

Have you had one of those weeks where you have been so busy, but you haven't really accomplished much? Yeah, that has been my week. So, for those of you interested:

Sunday was hubby's first day at the new church-place. We went to NLR of the weekend to house hunt (again) and prepare for the first Sunday. I cannot put into word how much I LOVE our new church. As I mentioned before, it is just what my heart wanted. Since attending the services, I have come to realize that it has even more. One thing that makes me happy is that it is a "suit church." I just love to see men in suits, especially when one is my hubby. It thrills me that it will be at least a once weekly occurrence. (Be still my heart) At one point during the service, I was crying - for 2 reasons (1) because not only was it our first Sunday, but it was also July 4th Sunday. I love me a patriotic service - probably more than Christmas - so my heart was happy and (2) because I just cannot believe God's goodness to my family in giving us this incredible church family. Okay, I could gush on and on, so I will move on...


Monday was spent trying to get established in our new town. We opened a checking account and house hunted. We looked at 4 properties. We found one that we really liked and put in an offer. The rest of the evening/night was spent waiting to hear back from the sellers. We also toured the local Wal-Mart and got supplies for hubby to live alone for a few weeks.

Tuesday we heard back from the seller -- offer denied. UGH! I was loading the car, getting ready to return to Texas, but now we needed to find a place to live. One that we had previously looked at had it's current contract fall through. So, we went to look at it, liked it, and submitted an offer. Third time's a charm, right? It is a good house in the neighborhood that we wanted, so it is a winner situation for us. I then got in the car to drive with the kids to Texas. An hour into the drive, hubby called. Our offer was accepted without any counter. YEAH we will have a place to live.

During the drive home, I also had a scary experience at a gas station when Brother went into the bathroom and a strange man followed him. For a split second, I thought about going in there, too, but brother emerged safely from the bathroom. The man freaked him out, too, so he didn't stay in there. On, how I wish I had a hubby with me. The single parenting is DIFFICULT!

Wednesday was a day spent at home, recovering from the trip. I let the kids watch TV all day long (did I mention where we stayed in NLR this weekend didn't have cable, therefore, no real TV to be watched?) I have so much to do to get ready for the big move. The swing set guy came and dismantled ours for the big move. I'm so glad with get to take the big thing to our new home.

Thursday and Friday were both spent running errands around town. We had bought some furniture for the sunroom in the house that we ended up not buying. So, I had to return the chairs to Ikea and some other stuff to Target. Then we did some other returns and bought some new stuff for the new house. I promised Brother a final trip to the Lego store, so we went to the mall on Friday.

Once again, I was so empathic to single parents. Just as we sat down to eat, sister announced that she had to go to the bathroom. What to do? Do we leave the food on the table and all go to the bathroom? Do we leave Brother at the table alone to guard our spot and food? UGH! In the end, I told Sister to eat fast, and we'd go when we were done eating.

Today (Saturday) it is hotter than blue blazes, so we are staying indoors. I did work to clean some more stuff from the garage early this morning. We placed our first visit to RED BOX last night, so we are going to watch some movies and stay in comfy clothes all day. It is free slurpee day at 7-11, so we may venture out to get our freebies.

I'm tired. I realize how spoiled I am to have a wonderful hubby who is very involved in our kids' lives. There is an incredible emptiness when he isn't here. I also realize how lucky I am that he doesn't travel much with his job - and if and when he does, we are usually able to travel with him. This 2 weeks will be the longest we have ever spent apart since we were married. It is crazy busy, but it is something else, too. I cannot even put a word on it -- not lonely, not scary, not even quiet. It is different, and I'm ready to be back to normal. (However crazy that is.)

1 comment:

  1. Unsettling? Exciting? Making you nervous? Thrilling? Discombobulating (I love that word.)

    Good luck with the single parenting. I'm going on Day 5 and I'm going a little crazy myself.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!