Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God's Promise Kept



I am up early this morning, so I decided to take advantage of the Wi-Fi at the mission house. The movers will be here in a few hours to unload our worldly goods. I have to admit I was a bit sad to leave the old house. It was the place we brought baby girl home and the only place she's lived. It was a good home for us and Plano was good to us, too.

As I traveled eastward to my new home, I had 5 hours to think and reflect on all God has done in the past few months. I've always known that He has walked this journey of unemployment with us. I can honestly say that I would not had made it if I hadn't had Him with us. In the midst of all the uncertainty, I always had a deep seeded peace that He was over this and carrying out His plan. There were definitely times I wanted to rush His time frame, but I never felt alone. God is so faithful!

So, somewhere between Plano and North Little Rock, I received a great gift from God. I rounded a curve in the road and there before me was a HUGE, beautiful rainbow. It stretched from one side of the highway to the other. It was beautiful. I immediately began crying. What a great reminder to me of God's faithfulness. It was as if God was saying, "See, I always keep my promises." God promises that He will never leave nor forsake us. He promises that He has a plan and is at work to bring it to fruition in my life. He promises to give us good and perfect gifts. He promises that all things work together for good. I know He keeps His promises, and I am so thankful!

And then, because God likes to show off, I was blessed with another rainbow. Right as I drove into NLR to the new house. The picture above was taken from our new front porch by my hubby. (He's the one with a fancy phone that can take pictures). Another rainbow that reminds me that God will continue to walk this journey with me. He had brought me to my personal "promise land" and I will dwell in this land with Him. I'm so grateful for His guidance over the past months, and I pray that the lessons I have learned will continue to bless me and make me a better person for Him.

1 comment:

  1. That was JUST FOR YOU!!!! How neat is that? Hey - I'll be coming through LR in September around Labor Day. Would love to pull off the interstate and meet you for coffee. You game?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!