Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We've been TRUMPED!

If you play card games, you may think I'm talking about my good card being taken by one that is superior. Unfortunately, I'm not talking games here. We've been Trumped - as in Donald Trump - as in "You're Fired!" This is definitely NOT a game, this is life.

The church is behind in their tithes and offerings for 2008, so the only other place to cut the budget -- after placing a spending freeze on the staff -- is personnel. Unfortunately, my love was the last one hired...first one fired. We don't have many details because the church is still working up a plan. We have loads of questions:
  • How long will we have a job?
  • Will there be any compensation/severance pay?
  • What about our insurance?
  • What do we do now?
  • Is there any other options?
  • Is this all God's plan?
It is a confusing time for us. I know in my heart that God is in control. I know in my innermost being that He has not lead us to this place, only to abandon us here. I just also need to know in my checkbook that everything will be taken care of. I need some reassurance that God will reward our faithfulness -- not by health and wealth -- but by safety and security. I don't like seeing my hubby stressed out. I don't like seeing my son worry about the future for our family. I don't like that my kiddos have seen me cry more in the past week than they ever had in their entire lives. I'm looking to God for the light and the BIG sign as to where we go from here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    I just came over from The Preachers Wife. So sorry to hear about your hubby. We felt safe from the financial crisis being in ministry but I guess the only place we are really safe is in His hands. And you are still there. I look forward to hearing what He has in store for you. Will pray right now.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!