Monday, January 5, 2009

Blogging

I’m blogging. I don’t know why I’m blogging. I’m not sure I have time to blog. I’m not sure I have much to say. I don’t have any amazing experiences, but here I am – blogging. My hubby tells me that my motherhood stories are funny and that I should write them down. My friends say that I have entertaining stories and I should share them with others. So, here I am – blogging. I’m not sure where to start, and I’m not sure where all this will go, but here I am.

I guess to start out, I should introduce myself. I am a 35 year old stay at home mom. I have lots of education and have worked off and on, but I mostly love being home with the kids and taking care of the house.

My hubby is a minister. In high school, my girlfriends and I had an “imaginary” boyfriend, and he was PERFECT! His name was Chris. If we didn’t have any weekend plans, we would tell one another, “Oh, I have plans to go out with Chris” – that was code for “I’m staying at home with my boring parents Friday night.” So, my hubby isn’t imaginary, but he is perfect – perfect for me. We have quite an adventurous life – not because we jump out of planes or take exotic vacations, but because we deal with people – on a fairly regular basis. Ministry can be a difficult life. People are oftentimes in your business when they shouldn’t be and out of reach when they should be about God’s business. We share a lot of humor in our home – it’s a huge coping mechanism. We try to see the best in people and situations. My granny called it “making lemonade out of lemons.”

We have 2 children. Our oldest child is 8. Brother is truly a great gift from God. He is wise beyond his years, yet still a rowdy, adventurous boy. Our “baby” is 3. After struggling to have a second child and giving up completely, I found out that I was finally pregnant. Sister is God’s daily reminder of His love and grace to us. She is all girl – her favorite colors are pink and purple – but she is TOUGH and can stand up to her brother very well.

I really love my life and the calling that God has given me to be minister wife and mother. However, I do have time where I become overwhelmed and have a need to vent. Ministry can so rewarding, and most often it is, but it can also be a lonely place during trials and angst, so I will share the good, bad, and the ugly. I don’t need a “following,” just a safe place to share my heart. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I love to hear from y'all!